Today seems like a day for comfort food. Here's the recipe for Macaroni and Cheese that is served at Jiko in Animal Kingdom Lodge.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups whole milk
8 ounces shredded Italian four-cheese blend (such as mozzarella, asiago, fontina and provolone)
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked and kept warm
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring until combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until golden (do not let brown).
2. Add milk to butter mixture, whisking until completely smooth and no lumps remain.
3. Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, until sauce coats the back of a spoon, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add cheese to saucepan in batches, stirring until completely melted. Add salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
5. Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl. Add cheese sauce, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Just the perfect thing for a chilly winter day!