Portobello is closed - replaced by Terralina Crafted - but this rigatoni lives on.
1 LB. Rigatoni Pasta
1 LB. Italian Sausage
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
1 1/2 Cups Chicken Stock
1.2 Cup Kalamata Olives
2 Cups Escarole
1 Cup Chopped Tomato
4 OZ. Butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta in at least 1 gallon of salted water until just under done.
2. Prepare sauce while pasta cooks (about 10 minutes)
3. In a very large skillet, sauté sausage with olive oil until brown.
4. Add mushrooms and cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
5. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
6. Add tomato, escarole and olives and cook for 1 minute more.
7. Add butter and season with salt and pepper.
8. When pasta is slightly under done, add to sauce.
9. Stir and cook briefly until pasta is done and the dish comes together.
10. Serve in 4 pasta bowls or on a platter for family style.
Let me know if you try it!