I know that Star Wars Weekends for 2013 are officially over, but I wanted to make sure I shared some tips and our review of it while this yearly special event is still fresh in your mind. If this is on your Disney Bucket List for 2014, grab a pen and notepad, your gonna want to jot some of these down.
- Plan your Star Wars Weekend Day at the beginning of your trip, rather than near the end. This is a mistake we made. Go full “force” and use the rest of your trip to whine down from the event.
- If possible you may want to hit Star Wars Weekend for 2 days. This will give you the best opportunity to enjoy it to its fullest.
- Get to the park EARLY. The park typically is scheduled to open at 8am for this event. The park can open as early as 7:15am, depending on the crowd level at the gates.
- Want celebrity autographs then get there even earlier. You can grab a FASTPASS for the autograph session and this line gets LONG FAST.
- Take a cab from your Disney Resort. Theme park buses will not be running this early in the morning to get you to the park. Cab will run you from $15-$20 depending on where your coming from.
- Prioritize your day. The characters I suggest hitting first thing in the morning. Darth Vader or Chewbacca.
- If you are not wanting any special edition limited merchandise, wait till the afternoon to hit Darth’s Mall. It will be less crowded and you can take a break from the heat.
- Eat during off times. The park will be more crowded than normal, so it will be tougher to get some food during peak dining times.
- If you are looking for lower crowd levels and aren’t a die hard must see a specific actor, then consider going to Star Wars Weekend 3 or 4. These tend to be less crowded than the first 2 weekends.
- Go on a Friday rather than Saturday or Sunday. Also less crowded.
- The characters do sign autographs. All the Star Wars Characters sign their names. Disney Characters dressed as Star Wars Characters will sign their normal name.
Check out our day at Star Wars Weekend 2013.
It may be too late to get there this year, but not too early to start planning for Star Wars Weekend 2014. Let me help you decide. Dark Side or Light Side?