A HUGE favorite from the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic, this duck dish will get you rave reviews!
Crispy Roasted Duck Breast
6-8 pound fresh or frozen duck
1 tablespoon olive oil
Marquise Potatoes (Potato Cakes)
4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled
4 strips bacon, finely diced
1/2 cup finely diced yellow onions
1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour, divided
Coarse salt, freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup beef stock
1/4 cup pomegranate syrup
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- Roast duck for 25 to 35 minutes, or until medium rare. Rest until cool enough to remove breast, thighs, and legs, keeping the skin intact.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add duck breast, skin side down, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until skin is crispy.
- Place thighs and drumsticks, skin side up, back in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until skin is crispy.
- Transfer duck to cutting board and let stand 15 minutes before carving.
For marquise potatoes (potato cakes):
- Boil potatoes until tender, drain and cool on a perforated pan. Shred the potatoes with a box grater; set aside.
- Sauté bacon until crisp in a medium skillet. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add bacon and onions to the shredded potatoes. Mix in parsley, egg, and 1 tablespoon flour. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form into eight 3-inch cakes. Dredge the cakes lightly in remaining flour, coating both sides.
- Heat the butter in large skillet over high heat. Cook the cakes until golden brown on both sides.
For pomegranate jus:
- Heat beef stock in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to low heat, and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in pomegranate syrup and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place 2 potato cakes on 4 entrée plates and serve with duck breast slices, thighs and drumsticks.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of pomegranate jus over duck and serve remaining jus on the side.
psst… I’m a sucker for the potatoes :)